We believe art is for everyday life, as necessary as light and air.
As a relatively new 501(c)3 non-profit, our members nevertheless have decades of practical experience in the fine arts. It has become increasingly important to pass on our knowledge and skills to others. Some of the Earth's greatest landscapes are in the mind and hands of the next generation. The most glorious color combinations are in the heart of someone who says, "I could never do that." You don't know what you can create until you try. We want to encourage you.
Find out about our beginnings, our vision, our mediums, and our decades of painting experience.
Here's a sampling of the community enrichments our members have been involved in over the years.
- Beginning "Art In The Park" for the city of Geneseo's annual Father's Day festivities.
- Sponsoring a regional judged art competition, the Maple City Fine Arts Exhibit, for 35 years.
- Providing low- and no-cost instruction for children.
- Leading art projects for life enrichment at area senior care facilities.
- Teaching classical fine art techniques.
- Painting community murals.
- Giving time to area causes, such as Dress For Success, Henry County Humane Society, Braveheart Childrens' Advocacy Center, the Quad City Symphony Orchestra, and others.